Depositing Into a Vault Using Arbitrum
Backing a Vault from the Arbitrum Network
tl;dr: SZN0 Vault deposits will require the use of Arbitrum-native USDC or Arbitrum-bridged USDCe
This page is still under construction; please be patient as we may frequently make changes and additions to this article.
Understanding native vs. bridged
Native USDC is officially issued by Circle and always redeemable 1:1 for US dollars. Support for Native USDC was recently added to Arbitrum.
In the case of Arbitrum, there also exists a “bridged” form of USDC, known as USDC.e, that’s been bridged from Ethereum. USDC.e is not issued by Circle.
Native USDC on Arbitrum:
Bridged USDC on Arbitrum: (from Ethereum)
It may be cheaper to bridge native ETH and later swap to USDC or USDCe!
If you've already bridged a different asset or want to save on gas fees by bridging ETH from Ethereum, for example, you can swap for USDC or USDCe. We recommend using Uniswap V3 on Arbitrum for this.
If you have not already selected Arbitrum as your active network in your connected wallet, Uniswap will say it could not find the token. Swap to Arbitrum in your wallet and try the link again.
You can only deposit into a Vault via Arbitrum USDC.e or USDC for now.
- 1.Head to app.valio.xyz and connect your wallet.
- 1.You can connect with the button in the top right on any page, or from any prompt window that requires it (such as "Connect wallet to deposit", visible in the next step if you haven't yet connected).
- 3.Click the purple Deposit button.
- 5.Enter a value (minimum of $50 for now), and select either USDC.e, or USDC (native) depending on what you have on Arbitrum.
- 6.Approve the spend amount (required once per vault up to the limit you approve).
- 1.You can either approve only the amount you're currently planning to deposit, or a larger amount that can be reached over time with future deposits. This process will vary per wallet app.
- 7.Once the approval has gone through, you can then Deposit.
- 8.That's it! You can now see your stake in the vault, the vault's positions and history, and your returns.
- 1.Your fresh deposit will need to be used in a transaction by the vault manager. In the future, it will be possible to distribute your deposit into existing positions!